2017 Freightliner Cascadia
Efficiency Through Aerodynamics
The new Freightliner Cascadia features up to an 8% improvement in fuel economy (compared to similarly spec' Cascadia Evolution) The stylish new bumper, hood, grille and mirror design, 12" side extenders and door seals account for almost 1% of the improved fuel economy.
Active Safety Systems with Detroit Assurance
Safer trucks help drivers arrive at their destinations and return home safely, trip after trip. The Detroit Assurance suite of safety systems makes safety proactive, assisting drivers with split-second decisions and automating safe driving practices.
Active Brake Assist 4.0 (ABA) a feature of Detroit Assurance, automating certain safe driving practices tracks the distance from the front of the truck to other vehicles in its path using bumper mounted radar. ABA emits an audible, visual and haptic warning before partially or fully braking.
With Lane Departure Warning (LDW), this safety feature, a windsheild-mounted forward-facing camera detects lane markers and warns the driver through an audible alert when the vehicle crosses over the lane.
The Detroit Connect suite of connected vehicle services gives you actionable information to help you build your business and grow your bottom line.
With Diagnostics, remote updates, analytics and telematic fleet management solutions available, you can know everything about your truck without being in it.
Designed for Quality
Freightliner Trucks' commitment to innovation helps your new Cascadia maximize productivity and profitability by advancing quality-focused design. When you step into your new Cascadia, you can rest assured that it has been designed, tested and manufactured to the highest quality standards. And, the highest quality trucks help bring the highest resale values in the industry.
Engineered for Quality
Freightliner invested more than one million hours of research and development, along with millions of miles of real-world testing, to produce the new Cascadia. High-quality construction and durable materials help Freightliner trucks hold their value for years to come.
Manufactured for Quality
Throughout the manufacturing process, new methods are being deployed to ensure the highest quality levels. New techniques in robotics, manufacturing tools and post-assembly testing assure the highest-quality trucks leave our factory.
Driving in Style
With the sleek and stylish body, the new Cascadia's unique look demands a second glance. In addition, the newly designed interior is loaded with creature comforts that make this a truck professional drivers want to drive and relax in.
Driving in Quiet
The new Cascadia's cab achieves a new level of quiet. With optional 3M<span>™</span> Thinsulate™ insulation, an engine tunnel constructed with Quiet Steel® and a third door seal, the new Cascadia helps reduce driver stress and increase focus.
Ease of Control
The new Cascadia now offers more controls mounted on the steering wheel to change cruise control settings, activate headlight interrupt, sync Bluetooth<span>™</span> device and cycle through instrument cluster menu.
New Cascadia Specifications
|| 350 to 600HP, Up to 2050 lb-ft Torque
• 60" Raised Roof
• 72" Raised Roof
Mid Roof XT
• 48" XT
• 60" XT
• 72" XT
- Axle carriers
- Fifth wheel
- Between-rail plastic battery box
- Taper Leaf
- Hendrickson AIRTEK
- Eaton Fuller 8, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 18 speed
- Allison 3000 series
- Allison 4000 series
- Allison 4500 series
- Advanced aerodynamic enhancements include:
- Bumper air deflector
- Aerodynamic hood
- Elliptical-shaped mirrors
- Roof integrated antenna
- Upper door seal
- 12-inch side extenders
- Intelligent Powertrain Management
- Powerful HVAC system with six dash-mounted vents, eight blower speeds and 20 percent greater airflow
- High-tech thermal and noise insulation
- Cab insulation and pre-stressed walls
- Adjustable tilt-telescoping steering column
- Low-mounted dash and sloped hood
- Steering wheel mounted controls
- Large rear windows — 56" x 22" combined viewable area in a day cab application
- Robust pedestal mirror design with power mirror adjustment
- Up to 50-degree wheel cut
- EPA 2010compliant SCR technology along with 2016 Onboard Diagnostics
- Detachable rain tray and quick rear engine access
- Hydraulic strut-assisted hood
- Roped-in one piece windshield and side glass
- Power Distribution Center fuses and circuit breakers grouped in a single location
- Detroit Connect five-year service subscription, which includes Virtual TechnicianSM, Remote Updates and access to the Detroit Connect portal
- Instrument cluster with 5” LCD screen
- Enhanced Stability Control
- Aero & AeroX packages
- Integrated Detroit Powertrain
- Elite exterior appearance package
- Elite cockpit interior package
- ParkSmart® Auxiliary HVAC System
- Hendrickson AIRTEK front suspension
- Bendix™ air disc brakes for steer and drive axles
- Wide-base single wheel and tire options
- Heated and ventilated seats
- Qualcomm pre-wire packages
- PeopleNet pre-wire packages
- LifeGuard RollTek®driver and passenger rollover restraint and seat mounted air bag system
- Driver’s Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) steering wheel airbag
- Bendix BlindSpotter side object detection system
- Factory installed TriPac™Auxillary Power Unit powered by Thermo King
- Bluetooth radios
- Heated hood mounted mirrors
- Bose Ride Seat System
- MeritorWabco ECAS
|Elite lounge package
- Murphy bed
- Dinette table
- Two seats with seatbelts
- Flat screen TV mount
- 1,500 watt inverter or inverter pre-wire
Detroit suite of safety systems
- Active Brake Assist (ABA4)
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Departure Warning