No one likes looking for a job, thats why at VVG we like to hire employees with dedication in their mind, and steadfast customer oriented service. Businesses survive because of their staff, and we strive to hire those individuals that demonstrate the ability to understand the bigger picture, those who realize that their position in the company is just as important as everybody elses.
When we hire an employee, they become part of our family. To reward dedication to service we offer a complete benefits package, as well as hiring incentives for certain positions. We like to keep our employees, so we do what we can to keep you happy while you work for us. We must be doing something right, as each year during our Christmas celebrations we announce the longevity awards and we have staff that have been working for us for over 25 years.
To assist in providing a safe and healthy work environment for employees, customers and visitors, Los Angeles Freightliner has established a workplace safety program. The company provides information to all employees about workplace safety and health issues through regular internal communication channels. Employees and supervisors receive periodic workplace safety training. Some of the best safety improvement ideas come from employees. All employees are expected to follow safety rules and report concerns or issues regarding any unsafe working conditions.
Hiring mechanics at all of our locations: Whittier, Fontana, Ontario, Hesperia, Carson, San Diego, Las Vegas, Woodland
Full Time Position
Relevant Work Experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Salary: 13.00 - 30.00 USD /hour
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION of the Diesel Technician/Mechanic include:
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul trucks, buses, and all types of diesel engines
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics
- Completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
Duties of the Diesel Technician may include:
- Reads job orders and observes and listens to operating equipment to ensure conformance to specifications or to determine malfunctions.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test-drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Inspects defective equipment and diagnoses malfunctions, using test instruments, such as motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges. Attaches test instruments to equipment and reads dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Changes oil, checks batteries, repairs tires and tubes, and lubricates equipment and machinery.
- Adjusts brakes, aligns wheels, tightens bolts and screws, and reassembles equipment.
- Disassembles and overhauls internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and rear ends.
- Examines and adjusts protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspects and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Inspects, repairs, and maintains automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps and compressors.
- Operates valve-grinding machine to grind and reset valves.
- Reconditions and replaces parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Enhances service department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Location:Whittier, Fontana, Ontario, Hesperia, Carson, San Diego, Las Vegas, Woodland.
Apply Here >
Customer Service Advisor
- Full Time Position
- Relevant Work Experience
- 2+ to 5 Years
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duties of the Customer Service Advisor may include:
* Process customer service requests from start to finish. Gather customer information including description of service problem and enter into computer recording system.
* Field customer inquires regarding the status of their vehicle repairs, estimated costs and completion dates.
* Enter all parts and service updates into computer recording system
* Assign technicians work orders based on customer needs and technician experience.
* Assist with warranty processing
* Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
In this position we are looking for a multi-talented individual that has:
Good customer service skills with the ability to "upsell";
Ability to emphasize with customers and turn a negative situation into a positive interaction;
Ability to do quality control on vehicles that have been repaired;
Ability to multi task aned meet deadlines;
Apply Here >
Used Truck Sales Rep
Must be bilingual in English and Chinese
Used Truck Manager
2429 S. Peck RoadWhittier, CA. 90601
(562) 447-1243 office direct (562) 695-5209 office fax
Apply Here >
We're looking to hire an experience parts counterman for our Fontana, San Diego & Hesperia stores.
LA Freightliner Fontana, San Diego Freightliner & High Desert Truck and Trailer are currently seeking Parts Countermen to accommodate our growing needs. The Parts Counter Position is a fast paced and highly visible front line position. Qualified candidates will have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience either aftermarket of heavy duty truck dealerships
- Excellent Communication skills with attention to detail
- A working knowledge of retail parts sales
- Familiarity with dealership operating systems; DSI experience preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Strong character, Work ethic
- Dependable, Responsible team player with a positive attitude
- Proven ability to deliver superior customer satisfaction
- English/Spanish Bilingual preferred
Our Fontana store is a 24-7 dealer so flexible scheduling is available depending on experience.
Must be of strong character and take pride in ones work. We enjoy our time at work and want to ensure the positive attitude is maintained.
Location:Fontana, Hesperia, San Diego.
Apply Here >
Looking to hire a bodyshop tech. Inquire now or stop by our facility and ask to speak to Steve Stancer.
Call Steve @ 562-447-1257 or email email@example.com/
2429 S. Peck Road, Whittier CA 90601.
Apply Here >
Los Angeles Freightliner offers an exceptional benefits package for its full time employees. A brief list of benefits offered is provided below.
- Excellent Career Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- 401-k Retirement with company matching
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Two Floating Holidays per Year
- Performance Based Incentive Pay
- Uniforms for Service & Parts
- Paid Company Training
- In-House Training Department
- Paid Factory Certifications
- Paid ASE Certifications
- Company Paid CDL’s
- Discounted Fitness Memberships
- Daimler Employee Car Pricing
- Credit Union Membership
- Southern California Entertainment Discounts
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Certified Technician Sign-on Bonuses
- Clean, Safe Working Environments
- Flexible Scheduling (1st, 2nd, & 3rd shift)
- Discounted Tool Purchase Program
- Annual Company Picnic and Holiday Party